The Royal Poiana Stânii is part of what was called The Royal Domain, meaning the territories owned by the Romanian state, given to the administration of the Royal House. By moderately exploiting these domains the Royal Family were sustaining themselves, without empovering the state for their own spendings. This praxis is still used today when we speak about European monarchies.
There were stables at Poiana Stânii, a herd of 60-70 German breed chosen cattle, the homes of the employees, a small chalet in Austrian style and a wooden Maramuresh – style church brought by Carol II, which was later moved to Tekirghiol, where it still is today. Poiana Stânii was the favourite destination for the members of the Royal Family for walks, on foot or with horses, a quiet place to rest and think, but it was also functioning as a protocol place, when the refined guests used to meet directly the customs and traditions of the area, the people, and the traditional food (as it happened for example at the anniversary of 50 years from the building of the Peles Castle in 1933).